Why You Should Make Your Bed Every Day
Do you make your bed every morning? No? Well, not that you asked my advice, but you DEFINITELY should. As someone who has made my bed 99% of mornings since I can remember, here are just a few reasons why this is an awesome habit to adopt.
1) It looks pretty: There is something so gorgeous about walking into a room to a freshly made bed with freshly fluffed pillows. A nicely made bed elevates your most intimate space from just a room to a beautiful retreat!
2) It's an achievement: If you never do another productive thing in your day, you can at least say you made the bed. The day won't be a total loss, even if you intentionally blow off everything else! Go for the easy win!
3) It helps you decompress: After a long day at work, the worst feeling in the world is coming home to chaos. Even if your kids are screaming, the dog is barking, the air conditioning is broken and the husband is whining, at least your bed is made. There is peace in that!
4) It helps you sleep: Establishing a nighttime ritual which includes pulling back crisp sheets can be soothing to the soul. Plus, there is nothing like falling into a bed that looks like it's never been slept in until the moment you choose to lie down. According to the National Sleep Foundation (coolest thing ever), establishing a healthy bedroom environment can influence your sleep patterns.
5) You are less likely to get back in. Let's face it, an unmade bed screams, "COME BACK TO BED." how easy is it to just roll back into the sheets that still hold your imprint? I'm willing to bet you are less likely to mess up a freshly made bed. I know I am!
Do you make your bed every day? If not, what's the first thing you do when you wake up?
Photo Credit: Alisa Anton Photography