Things That Should Be Left In 2017
As 2018 approaches, people are busy making resolutions and reflecting on 2017. More than in any other year, there are a number of things that I think just need to be left in the dust of 2017:
1) The word "fake news" - can we go one day without hearing it?
2) Flat Tummy Tea spam emails - but wait: does the fact that I get these mean that at some point I researched it? Does that make me part of the problem?
3) Cold shoulder tops - c'mon, you hate them too.
4) Natural disasters - OK, I know it's a lot to ask Mother Nature, but damn - can we just get like 10 years off?
5) Kanye West and Taylor Swift beef - aren't we done with this yet? Taylor's sure not.
6) Unbalanced relationships - if you've got a friend but you're the only one investing in the relationship, leave that other person in 2017.
7) Donald Trump's Twitter account - wouldn't it be wonderful for all of us if the Twitter gods would just make that thing go away?
8) Not using your PTO - just do it. We all need to double down on self-care in 2018.
9) Sexual harassment in the workplace - I'll just leave this one right here.
10) The word "woke" - we should all be awake by now.
11) The entire 2017 NFL season - the fact that Geno Smith is starting in Week 13 of the season is proof that we need to just scrap the whole season and start again in 2018 (and P.S., Colin Kaepernick still doesn't have a job but all these guys do. Something's wrong).