I'm a Closet Francophile
I had a moment last week when I took stock of my life and realized some interesting truths. The most random? I'm a closet Francophile. No, I don't speak French, but I have become aware of just how much France has weaved its way into my fabric.
So what is a Francophile? See below:
1. friendly to or having a strong liking for France or the French.
2. a person who is friendly to or has a strong admiration of France or the French.
What's my evidence? Check it out....
1) I got engaged in Paris.
2) I enjoy frites. Not french fries....F-R-I-T-E-S.
3) I got married in a chateau. Literally. On purpose. Because I'm a Francophile.
4) I get really, really excited when House Hunters International is in Paris. Like DVR-the-episode kind of excited.
5) I am addicted to croissants. Like in the "Oprah loves bread" kind of way. I love them so much I'm putting a picture of one here. It's scratch n' sniff, I promise!
6) I listen to the French Cooking Music station on Pandora. For fun. All.The.Time.
7) My guest bedroom is Paris-inspired.
8) I put up a Paris-themed Christmas tree.
Well there, it's settled - Bonjour, my name is Meaux and I am a Francophile!
What truths have you learned about yourself lately?
Lead Photo Credit: John Towner Photography